“The future depends on what we do in the present.”
– Mahatma Gandhi
On this page you will find general information concerning the courses currently in session. See the side panel for more information on each class and a professional page. I am currently offering 20th Century American History, Freshman Seminar, World History, and Current Events. I look forward for a rewarding year. Please contact with any inquiries or concerns.
- Susquehanna University, Selinsgrove, PA, September 2003-June 2007
- B.A., History (June 2007)
- Minor in Secondary Education (June 2007)
- Magna Cum Laude graduate
- Phi Alpha Theta (History Honor Society) – Vice President, Pi Gamma Mu (Social Sciences Honor Society), Kappa Delta Pi (Education Honor Society)
- All American Scholar – 2005
- Winner of Dr. John H. Longaker Award for Commitment to History – 2007
- PA Certification for Social Studies (7-12) – June 2010
- PA Certification for Citizenship Education (7-12)- July 2007
- PA Certification for Library Media Specialist (K-12)- April 2009
- Classrooms for the Future Coach
Warrior Run High School, Warrior Run School District, Turbotville, PA,
- Clayton Academy, Pittsburgh Public School District, Pittsburgh, PA
20th Century American History
Course Description: Twentieth Century American History will trace the history of America from the turn of the twentieth century up to the present in a thematic approach. The themes are economic, political, and social. The themes will be interwoven into the 20th century examined using a variety of learning opportunities, and assessments. Students will have the opportunity to explore history using technology, literature, and media. Each theme and portion of the course is linked to the Pennsylvania state standards. A culminating assessment will be assigned at the conclusion of the course in addition to a midterm and a summative final exam.
Textbook: The Americans: Reconstruction to the 21st Century; Published by McDougal Littell
See our Edmodo account to find daily assignments and homework.
To sign up as a parent, go to edmodo.com
Create an account as a parent after clicking the following link: https://edmo.do/j/ngbnhf