Bloomsburg, Lock Haven, and Mansfield, together as Commonwealth University and the Loyalsock Township School District, have signed an agreement guaranteeing admission, eligibility for merit-based scholarships, and on-campus housing at any of its locations.
The agreement guarantees admission for LTSD graduates who enroll in a bachelor’s degree program and who meet the following criteria:
- Apply for admission to any location within Commonwealth University no later than December 15 of the student’s senior year.
- Graduate from Loyalsock Township School District.
- LTSD graduates would be eligible for four tiers of academic merit scholarships according to the following academic preparedness of the student applicant:
- Tier 1 – 95% or above cumulative GPA at LTSD – $28,000; $7,000 annually
• Tier 2 – 90-94% cumulative GPA at LTSD – $24,000; $6,000 annually
• Tier 3 – 85-89% cumulative GPA at LTSD – $16,000; $4,000 annually
• Tier 4 – 80-84% cumulative GPA at LTSD – $12,000; $3,000 annually
- LTSD scholarship recipients must remain enrolled full-time at Commonwealth University for a minimum of 12 credits per academic semester and maintain an overall GPA of 2.50 to remain in good academic standing and therefore eligible for the scholarship.
- The scholarship is renewable for up to four (4) academic years, or eight (8) consecutive fall and spring academic semesters, if the criteria above are met.
- On-campus housing at the Bloomsburg, Lock Haven, or Mansfield campuses, will be guaranteed for up to four (4) years of full-time student enrollment.
Nursing, physician assistant, and other health professions programs remain selective and have additional requirements or capacities. For these programs, it is vital that students apply as early as possible to these majors to receive early consideration for admission.