Fundations thoroughly teaches the Foundational Skills of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), and significantly supports other CCSS standards in reading, writing, speaking, listening, and language. As a recognized leader in multisensory language programs, Wilson brings more than a decade of systematic and explicit instruction to the K-3 classroom. Wilson Fundations provides research-based materials and strategies essential to a comprehensive reading and writing program.
- Emphasis on systematic phonics and study of word structure
- Skills taught explicitly and systematically
- Instruction is cumulative and scaffolds presented skills
- Teachers model with “Echo” the owl puppet directing students to repeat sounds, words, and sentences
- Assessments monitor students throughout the program
- The manual provides direction for support staff to meet individual student needs
- Extensive practice provides multiple opportunities for skills application
- Home Support Packet encourages parental involvement
Fundations stories and readers meet or exceed Lexile® text measures for each grade. Click here to learn more.