*VISIT OUR DISTRICT WELLNESS WEB PAGE FOR OUR HEALTHY LIVING WELLNESS NEWSLETTERS
2018-2019 Meal Prices
|Meal Type||Donald E. Schick Elementary||Loyalsock Township Middle School||Loyalsock Township High School|
Free & Reduced Meals Program
Loyalsock Township School District school cafeterias will continue to meet federal nutrition standards for school meals, ensuring that meals are healthy and well-balanced and provide students all the nutrition they need to succeed at school. Now is a great time to encourage your kids to choose school breakfast and lunch!
School meals offer students milk, fruits and vegetables, proteins and grains, and they must meet strict limits on saturated fat and portion size. Continuing in School Year 2017-2018, school meals will meet USDA meal standards requiring:
- Age-appropriate calorie limits and Smart Snacks in Schools Guidelines for all foods sold to students during school hours
- A large selection of fresh, canned and frozen whole fruit and a wide variety of vegetables
- Fat-free or 1% milk
- Most grains served will be at least 51% whole grains
- Less sodium
- Students must select at least one fruit or veggie to make a complete breakfast and/or lunch
We’re always working to offer Loyalsock Township School District students healthier and tastier choices. We will continue our partnership with local farms and continue to offer and support nutrition and physical activity programs that align with our district Wellness Policy.
School meals are a great value and a huge convenience for busy families too! We encourage families to register at MySchoolBucks to track student account balances, view student transaction histories and to deposit funds on student cafeteria accounts.
Don’t forget, we serve breakfast daily at all schools, too!
Thank you for your continued support of our Food and Nutrition Services Department. It is our pleasure to serve you and the students of our school community! If you have questions about our meal program, please do not hesitate to contact our Food and Nutrition Services Department at any time during the school year.
If you have any question please email Beth Hufnagel, Food Service Director, or call (570) 323-3211.
The MySchoolBucks website has been completely redesigned, making it even easier for parents to pay for school meals and student fees online. Creating an account is free and the process is quick to sign up. Using MySchoolBucks, you’ll experience faster checkout, more payment options and easier account management. Some of these need options include:
- View your child’s account balance online and receive low balance email alerts
- Track what your children buy at school.
- Deposit money on your children’s accounts. There is a transaction fee to use this online deposit feature.
- Schedule recurring payments
- Set up low-balance e-mail reminders
Click on the here. From this site you will create your account and add money to your child’s school meal account. All you need is your child’s name, student ID number and school ZIP code.
- If you have more than one child in the District you can handle all online prepayments from the same online account.
- Payments may be made through an existing PayPal account or with a major credit or debit card.
- In order to use the online prepayment service, a small convenience fee for each transaction will be assessed to cover the bank fees. The convenience fee is $1.95 per deposit transaction. Parents placing money into multiple meal accounts will only be assessed the $1.95 fee once per deposit transaction. Loyalsock Township Area School District will not profit from the use of this site.
- If you choose not to take advantage of the online prepayment service, you may continue to make advance payments via check, which should be made payable to the Loyalsock Township School District. Please write your child’s full name on the check.
If you have any questions, please call our Food & Nutrition Services Office at (570) 323 -3211